Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wealthy Johns and Brain-Damaged Sex Workers

I know better. I've been burned a few times, especially from a particular word-brokering, middleman site that treats clients like wealthy Johns and writers like brain-damaged sex workers.

I started to write a blog post on one subject and poof the client cancelled the order and my 1/2 blog of writing now has no home. I should have waited for 8 hours to ensure the client was not going to change his or her mind.

Clients often start off one way and end up another.

They can start off picky and grouchy and end up being a wonderful source of income and fun to work with. They can also start off like your best friend and something happens (which is a secret) and they turn into Simon Legree.

My advice to you is don't take anything crabby clients say to heart and don't take any guff either.

I don't bow and scrape for clients, but I do try to give them clear, concise web content, on time, in a creative style, with unique word choices and plenty of SEO words but not so many the piece looks like a computer generated ad.

I love providing a client with the best copy around and take pride in my work. So anyone want to buy a half written blog post? LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment