Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Spinning my wheels

It seems like I've been spinning my wheels since mid-February. This has been a bad earning cycle for me mostly because each job has taken much longer than necessary and much longer than I anticipated.

Time is money.

When we waste our time, we waste the opportunity to make money somewhere else -- or even relax and enjoy ourselves for that matter. That's allowed too!

When you feel you have been spinning your wheels and going nowhere fast, it's time to take a mental health break.

I am reading (for the second time) Tim by Colleen McCullough and am enjoying it. I read it years and years ago. It's an easy read and a quick one. It's exactly the short but important break I need between one job and the next.

I think I also deserve one easy client; one well-run project or one good paying job. Hoping March brings me one of the three!








6 comments:

  1. Mental health breaks are definitely a good thing! I do the same thing when I need a break - settle down with a good book and escape into someone else's take on life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you've read Tim, but I read it in high school or college for a class and loved it. Now, as a mature woman, I love it even more. I recommend it highly!

      Delete
  2. That is the way I felt about some places I was supposed to be earning money. When I really stopped to think straight, I realized I was stupid to keep it up because I can make more money elsewhere while enjoying it just as much or more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - sometimes we get comfortable somewhere and stop looking for better places to write. I' m sorry I missed this comment before!

      Delete
  3. Aww I totally understand what you mean, Mary. Time for truffles here and I'm sharing a few with you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy! So nice to see you here. Thank you again for all your help lately and wishing you the best always and truffles too! <3

      Delete